It has
been a LONG time since I have written you a letter, but tonight you did
something that I don’t want to forget.
You absolutely love to dress and act like a princess. You got this princess crown the other day in
the $ section at Target and you have been wearing it most of the time ever
since. You wanted to wear it to the park
today, saying that you could not be a princess without your crown. I didn’t want to fight that battle, so I didn’t When you asked me, however, to wear it to
church, I said, “no”. You were very
upset, but eventually you asked if you could wear your winter hat instead. I conceded and even when you asked if you
could wear the hat inside the building, I agreed to let you. You kept telling nana at the dinner table not
to take your hat off because you wanted to wear it inside. Of course, your insistence left your
three-year-old brother with no choice but to yank off the hat (as little
brothers do). When he did, your princess
crown went flying. I was filled with so
many emotions. I couldn’t help but laugh
at your attempt at deceptiveness and the way that it blew up in your face. But I was also sad to see how blatantly you
were choosing to disobey. I told you that
you had to go to bed early and that you could not wear your crown for a
while. At first, you did not seem to be
very remorseful about your actions and that, too, made me sad. Eventually you were sad that Micah was
staying up and you were going to bed.
After I hugged and kissed you goodnight (without singing and scratching
your back as usual) I left your room.
You were sad, but I figured you would be. I went into the boys room to get it ready for
them to go to bed and I heard you praying.
I sat next to the door and wept as I heard you asking God to forgive you
for taking the crown to church and to help you make better choices and not to
sin tomorrow. I was so proud of
you. You are not perfect. You will not always make good choices, but it
was comforting to see that you know where to turn when you fail. I am so thankful that you love Jesus and you
trust Him with a childlike faith. I love
you, princess!


No comments:
Post a Comment