I wish I would have had this idea three and a half years ago when you were born, but I will make up for lost time, by adding some posts about you as a baby. Let me start by saying that "Karis Kangaroo" is your daddy's nickname for you lately. It started because you are always jumping around the house. You have so much energy! I wish I had about half of it. You also love to dance. You were doing so much of it that I decided to put you in ballet. You have had one recital so far and you loved it. You were not shy at all to be on stage! I don't know how long you will end up taking dance classes, but for now its really fun to watch you enjoy it. You think you are in charge of the house. I know that you get this from me, but I very often have to remind you that you are NOT the mommy! My favorite thing that you have said recently is "Mommy, can you watch Micah for a minute while I go potty?" I am glad I could help you out. ;) You are such a great big sister. You are always willing to help me with Asher and Micah. You are not intimidated by kids that are older than you. We were playing the other day with Kylie (7 years old) and Kenzie (5 years old) Murphy and you had no problem telling them how things should be done although I don't think they listened to you much. When daddy shoots the basketball into our little goal at home and misses, you tell him to watch you so that he can see how to do it. You LOVE the zoo! In fact, I cannot tell you that we are going until we are heading out the door because you will ask me about it over and over until the moment we leave. The zoo is extra special for you and nana. She has taken you several times, just the two of you and it has become "your thing" together. You are drama! Its really fun to see how excited you get about things, even the smallest things. It also drives me crazy sometimes to see how upset you can be over the silliest things. I am a little nervous to see you as a teenager. You are very verbal. You always have been. You knew all your colors, shapes, numbers (0-20), and letters (and the sounds they make) by the time you were two years old and you love to show me how much you know by talking all the time, especially in the car. Lately we have been telling stories together while driving somewhere. You also like to sing. You like "Veggie Tales", "Signing Time", "Yo Gabba Gabba", and "VBS songs" (I got the cd). You are afraid of a lot of things, the doctor being the biggest right now. We are working on that, but I think its going to take some time. You love to play pretend. One day I said, "Karis,..." and you responded, "Mommy, I'm not Karis. I'm baby dragon." The next day you were "Princess". Even though you are my oldest child, you are my baby girl. I love you so much and I can't wait to write you more letters!
I love you!
-Mommy (Sometimes you try to call me "mom" and I have informed you that I will be "mommy" or "momma" until you are at least 25 years old. I still call nana "momma"!
you and daddy at your first ballet recital
posing for the camera
sporting your Dora ballet shirt
feeding the birds at the zoo


No comments:
Post a Comment